- The Basics of Speedlight Photography
March 6, 2019
6:15 pm - 8:45 pm
The Basics of Speedlight Photography Class Description
This event has been rescheduled from February 20 to March 6th due to a weather postponement.
This class is designed to help demystify and understand your speedlight flash and how and how it works, both on and off your camera.
This 2.5 hour class is aimed at photographers who are just getting started with speedlight flash and are frustrated with the unflattering results their flash might be producing. We’ll teach you what the different settings are on your flash, how to set it up to get pleasing results with your flash mounted on or off your camera, and how to us the variable power and directional settings of your flash to make your subjects look great!
Don’t have a flash yet? Don’t worry, when you register you can reserve one of our rental flash units for the duration of the class for a reduced fee to get your feet wet.
What You Will Learn
- The settings on your camera to best work with your flash
- Understand what sync speed is
- What TTL is and how it works
- The settings on your flash
- Directional and bounce flash
- Using light modifiers with flash
- Mixing flash and ambient light
- Introduction to off-camera flash
Skill level – Speedlight flash beginner
Equipment Needed – DSLR camera, lens, and speedlight flash
Class Length – 2.5 hours 6:15 pm – 8:45 pm
Date – (Rescheduled) Wednesday, March 6, 2019
You must be 18 years of age of older to attend this class
Perfect Image Camera
1953 Fruitville Pike
Lancaster, PA 17601
We’re located in the Foxshire Plaza on Fruitville Pike where there is ample parking in the shopping plaza’s parking lot right in front of the store!
- Up to 7 days prior to the start of the class you can cancel with a full refund or reschedule for the same class from the list of available upcoming dates.
- From 6 days prior to 48 hours prior to the start of the class there are no refunds, but you can reschedule the same class from the list of available upcoming dates.
- Less than 48 hours prior to the start of the class there are no refunds or opportunities to reschedule without a new registration fee.
- If Perfect Image cancels the class for any reason participants can receive a full refund or choose to reschedule for a comparable upcoming class.